Psychological assessments help to explain your child’s / teen’s behaviour in a various areas, e.g. cognitive, social-emotional, memory, learning, planning and organization.
It involves observing and evaluating your child / teen’s functioning through the administration of specific psychologically reliable and valid tests of his/her developmental, behavioural, academic, psychological, neuropsychological and personality functioning .
Some common reasons to administer psychological assessments include:
- Behavioural concerns
- Concentration difficulties / Inattention/ Hyperactivity
- Depression / sadness/ low mood
- Emotional concerns/ self esteem concerns
- Learning difficulties
- Being bullied or being a bully
- Exposure to domestic violence